Business Analyst (JHB) at Datafin Recruitment
A solutions-oriented Business Analyst with strong organizational skills to stay focused on multiple initiatives simultaneously is sought by a reputable financial services group to join its Joburg division. Your role will be to facilitate requirements gathering sessions, work with developers to implement them, provide guidance to testers and perform testing if needed while analyzing current (as is) processes and features that will be affected by the new platform model (Benchs). The ideal candidate will need a BCom degree, B.Sc. B.Eng degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Business, BA qualification and Process Engineering qualification (Six Sigma or Lean certifications advantageous). You have 5 years of professional experience in a similar position including experience in a Corporate and Institutional Bank and mastery of Aris and Nimbus process modeling tools.
- Facilitate requirements gathering sessions to extract business requirements; interpret business needs and translate them into system requirements in the form of functional business requirements specification documents.
- Own requirements from start to implementation.
- Work closely with developers to implement requirements.
- Serve as a liaison between business and IT.
- Provide the necessary advice to testers during the testing phases and perform the tests if necessary.
- Report progress, manage expectations and ensure stakeholder requirements are met.
- Identify opportunities for improvement.
- Participate and contribute to the change management process.
- Analyze current processes and functionality (as is), which will be affected by the new platform model (Benchs), engage with broader architectural teams, IT and business stakeholders to propose a revised operating model .
- Document processes as-is when necessary for understanding.
- Perform a gap analysis to identify the most feasible process design solution to meet the requirements.
- Design and document To-Be processes, at least to level of detail 4.
- Identify and document risks and controls associated with business processes.
- Work with business stakeholders and the project team to define process parameters/performance goals and acceptance criteria for upcoming processes.
- Facilitate individual or group workshops to determine process requirements and facilitate future process design sessions.
- Analyze and model data and data requirements as appropriate.
- Clarify and communicate business process specifications to relevant stakeholders.
- Facilitate review and approval sessions with stakeholders.
- If necessary, participate in the testing effort to ensure that the delivered solution meets the agreed business process specifications.
- Act quickly to resolve issues, queries and complaints using problem solving techniques.
- Participate in post-project review.
- Keep documentation and files up-to-date and easily accessible.
- Relevant degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business (Min BCom, B.Sc. B.Eng. or appropriate related degree.
- Business Analyst Diploma.
- Qualification in Process Engineering (advantageous Six Sigma or Lean certifications).
- At least 5 years of experience in business analysis.
- Work experience in a corporate and institutional bank.
- Mastery of Aris and Nimbus process modeling tools.
- Facilitation, presentation and communication skills.
- Proven experience across SDLC.
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with all stakeholders, demonstrating excellent abilities to initiate dialogue, listen, advise, influence, solicit input and feedback, and negotiate to achieve win-win outcomes
- Take ownership of business requirements from start to implementation, take initiative, be self-directed and self-motivated, proactive, persistent and self-motivated
- Planning and Organizing Skills – Plan and manage own workload by anticipating obstacles, juggling priorities and following through on objectives within agreed timeframes and in accordance with quality standards.
- Maintain a positive attitude and respond openly to comments.
- Analytical with a high level of attention to detail.
- Problem-solving ability – solving problems with an awareness of the big picture (thinking at the conceptual level); can see beyond the immediate problems to anticipate the consequences.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and complexity, with the ability to seek clarity when needed.
- The ability to present information clearly and concisely and respond appropriately to verbal and written communications from others. This includes the ability to tailor delivery in response to the needs of a target audience with the ability to clearly communicate complex specialized knowledge and concepts.
- Strong interpersonal skills – demonstrates professionalism and a positive attitude in demeanor.
- The ability to work cooperatively with others to achieve common goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Delivery oriented – displays a sense of urgency to meet deadlines without compromising quality.
- Team player, but independent and autonomous.
- The ability to engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
Although we would really like to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for a job, make sure you meet the minimum job requirements. OnlySouth African citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not at the stated location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the works. We have a job listing on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.
Find out more/Apply to this position